Saturday, December 20th @ 9:30am – Arduino for Jr. Makers!
Arduino for Jr. Makers is a hands on workshop for Jr Makers (ages 11-17) with little to no prior Arduino or code experience. It will lead students through the complete process of configuring, programming and building basic electronic circuits with a Arduino Uno.
During this workshop students will learn:
- How to configure PC/Mac for Arduino Connection
- History and function of code and compilers
- How to upload sketches to Arduino Micro Controller
- To read and modify Arduino sketches
- Basic C Programming
- To use bread boards for circuit prototyping
- Basic electronic components
- To light an LED utilizing Arduino control
- To control Servo motors using Arduino control.
The cost of the class is $139 (This INCLUDES a $55 materials fee!) covers each students Arduino Uno R3 Jr Project kit, which includes:
- Arduino Uno R3
- USB cable
- battery pack
- bread board
- electronic components.
Students should bring a laptop (PC or Mac) otherwise Vocademy can provide laptops for those who do not bring their own. Please let us know if you need one so we can set one aside for you.
The class will be held from 9:30 am to 5 pm with a one hour lunch break. Please either send a bag lunch or you will have to pick them up and drop them off again.
Prerequisite: basic computer knowledge.
For students older than 17, Vocademy offers Arduino for Beginners.
All students must have their parent or guardian sign a liability form on their behalf. These can be obtained from the Vocademy front desk.
This class is in partnership with 3R’s Robotics.