VOCADEMY IS THE PERFECT PARTNER FOR SCHOOLS & DISTRICTS
Why? Because we help create more engaged students and help retain the ones that need help. We do not make students, we make students better. We give many students an outlet for their creativity when schools are unable to. We give students the practical applications to what they are learning. We are NOT competition for schools, we are actually a tremendous asset. We show students that there are many more opportunities for careers and give them reasons to stay in school!
We can also help train the current and next generation of CTE / Hands-On (STEM/STEAM) skills teachers. We offer classes and subjects we know are coming back to our schools. Hands-On skills are a part of our future, we want to help schools be ready to teach these traditional and state-of-the-art subjects.
PARTNERING WITH HIGHER EDUCATION WORKS
Vocademy is partnering with local universities to give students hands-on skills and unguided access to a makerspace. An ideal relationship where both the theoretical and practical can be obtained. We know that there are many career paths that require a 2 or 4 year degree. Our role is to give local college and university students the practical hands-on skills and experience to make them stand out in a competitive job market. Employers want education, skills and experience. Vocademy allows a student to get the experience and skills, while pursuing their degree. We welcome conversations with schools about grand opportunities, collaboration and partnerships.
MAKERSPACE DAYS – An ideal Field Trip for your middle and High school students. A low cost, inspirational way to show them the career and educational paths available them to them through hands-on skills.
HANDS-ON CLASSES – Using our facility as an extension of your school. We have a fully equipped space with all the tools and resources you need to teach classes. Not just for students, but for teachers and others in the educational field.
CAREER EXPLORATION – Programs to give students opportunities to explore all the careers and opportunities that area available to those that want to use their hands, in addition to their minds.
RETENTION PROGRAMS – We know there are students that are headed toward failing or dropping out. We can help with keeping them in schools by finding their path in life and giving them the skill we offer.
TEACHER DEVELOPMENT – We offer professional development classes and skills to help create the next generation of hands-on skills teachers and to help current teachers achieve their CTE goals.
WE INSPIRE YOUR STUDENTS TO BE MAKERS!
Please call for details, more info and available dates. Our programs can be tailored to your needs. Please email us: Candy@Vocademy.com or call: 951-266-6630
SPONSOR A SCHOOL’S MAKERSPACE DAY!
MAKERSPACE DAY – FIELD TRIP DETAILS
- A three hour, interactive, hands-on event.
- For groups of 15 to 30 students
- $399 set fee with additional options available
- Introduction & presentation:
- What is a makerspace, maker movement & why it matters to you.
- Fun and educational “maker” videos, images and stories.
- Inspirational tour of our facility & demonstrations:
- Demos of welding, 3D Printing, laser cutting and more.
- Tour of all our areas, including wood shop, sewing, fab, and more.
- Tower Building Challenge:
- A fun, hands-on, head-to-head engineering challenge.
- Within a 20 minute limit, teams of 3-5 students build a tower.
- Tower Building Challenge video & discussion:
- We reveal to students why they succeeded or failed.
- Describe how the challenge applies to real life.
- Feedback and a thank you for coming
- Give out literature with DIY “making” resources.
- Students take home a gift bag of goodies.
DOZENS OF DIFFERENT HANDS-ON SKILLS CLASSES
We are working with several local school districts and universities to give their students access to our facility and classes. We want to be the future of Hands-On STEM education.
WE CAN HELP KEEP STUDENTS IN SCHOOLS
WE HELP CREATE THE CTE/STEM TEACHERS OF THE FUTURE
CTE (Career & Technical Education) is the modern equivalent of what used to be called shop class, industrial arts, or vocational education. Over the past few decades, the focus has moved away from hands-on skills, but now is starting to return. Project based teaching and Hands-On STEM is becoming very popular. Many schools and districts are introducing state-of-the-art technologies such as; 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, CAD and Desktop Milling and are also starting to bring back some of the traditional skills, such as sewing, wood working & metal working.
But where do teachers and administrators go to effective learn these skills and technologies? Training on these tools is not available in text books because the technology is brand new or has changed so much. So where can you send teachers to get this skills training? Send them to Vocademy! We provide practical, affordable and very effective training in these modern and traditional hands-on skills. We can show teachers how to use the “tools of making” and how they can effectively implement them into teaching. We can provide training in a dozen subjects ranging from traditional hands-on skills to state-of-the-art STEM technologies.
TEACHING THE TEACHERS & SOURCING THE TOOLS OF MAKING
We also can also help schools with sourcing tools and equipment for your STEM labs, classrooms and school makerspaces. We have excellent relationships with manufacturers and suppliers to help you decide which tools are best for your teaching environment. Teachers can come to Vocademy for training and leave with the machines they have just learned to use!
For example, we offer classes in:
- 3D Printing – Plus the techniques to engage your students in creating amazing new things.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) – The secret behind 3D printing is creating your own designs.
- Laser Cutting & Engraving – One of the most amazing tools for making things.
- Plastics & Composites – great ways to teach kids about chemistry with practical applications.
- Shop Safety & basic tools – teachers need to know how to create a safe learning environment
- Costume & Prop Making – Inspire the inner maker in your students. Incredibly popular.
- Metal working, fabrication and woodworking – The traditional, but very necessary skills.
- And many more….
We can arrange training during the day (Professional Development), evenings or weekends. In groups (6-12 people) or as individuals taking part in our normally scheduled classes. Our training programs can be tailored to your needs. Please contact us for more information on our CTE/STEM offerings. Use our CONTACT US form, email us: info@Vocademy.com or call: 951-266-6630